Photobucket

Saturday, May 26, 2007

The Text Says What?

Everyone probably knows the story of David and Bath-Sheba very well. This afternoon, I was listening to a sermon from 2 Samuel 11-12 in which David’s sin with Bath-Sheba was spoken about. For the most part, the sermon was good, but at about the 24:40 minute mark, the pastor offered an exposition of 2 Samuel 12:23 that I have never heard in my entire life.

The verse reads: But now he is dead, wherefore should I fast? can I bring him back again? I shall go to him, but he shall not return to me.

The Pastor said the following:

“I shall go to him..........If you just look at it there, you think he is going to go be with the child, that is true, but it was not the child he was looking at it was God he was looking at. He was saying I am going to be with God, when I go to be with God he will make all things right."

To hear the sermon yourself follow this link: http://www.igospelradio.com/1015B.mp3

This is an amazing claim:

How can anyone who reads the passage claim that David is speaking of going to be with God? The verse clearly says, "now he is dead!" Is God dead? The verse also says the one in which he is going to go to will not return!

It is so sad that today in many churches the pastor can claim that a text says anything he wants and no one even cares enough to speak out and say that it is not true!

Bookmark and Share
> posted by Trevor Hammack at

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home