Photobucket

Thursday, December 13, 2007

PODCAST YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO



















I have an I-pod and I have to admit I love it. I really do not use it much for music, but for podcasts.
If you are new to the world of I-pods and podcasting, let me see if I can help:
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A podcast is a collection of digital media files which is distributed over the Internet using syndication feeds for playback on portable media players and personal computers. The term, like "radio", can refer either to the content itself or to the method by which it is syndicated; the latter is also termed podcasting. The host or author of a podcast is often called a podcaster.

Does that help clarify things? Maybe not.
Simply put: A podcast is a program that you can download to your I-pod. It can be a sermon, a news program, a college lecture or a favorite radio show. There are thousands of programs available through podcasting. In this post, I want to point people to the ones I listen to and supply links so you can be listening as well:

Sermonaudio:






This is an amazing site that features thousands of sermons for people to download or listen to. All the sermons are free and many simply listen via their computer. Sermonaudio has now made it so simple to listen using your i-pod. Here are the simple steps:

Go to http://www.sermonaudio.com/


Once you have found a pastor or church that you would love to listen to their sermons on a regular basis, simply look for this:


Click on the above icon and you will be given 3 choices in which you can subscribe to the podcast. If you are using an I-pod, choose the I-tunes option. I-tunes will open and you will be automatically subscribed to the podcast. Anytime that church posts a new sermon, it will automatically down load in your I-tunes program. This is so simple and convenient. You can then take the sermons where ever you go.


I like to stay informed about what is happening in the world. NPR is a great source for informative programs. The programs are from a secular and liberal perspective, but I always find them informative. Here are my favorites:









NPR's Day to Day offers a fresh approach to the day's top stories and the people involved. Hosted by Alex Chadwick and Madeleine Brand.
Here is the link to subscribe to this podcast:
Day to Day








Listeners' NPR favorites. Riveting stories from Morning Edition, All Things Considered and other award-winning NPR programs. Here is the link to subscribe:
Driveway








NPR Shuffle mixes it up every day, offering an unpredictable sampler from 'Morning Edition', 'All Things Considered' and other award-winning NPR programs. Enjoy listening to this podcast just as you would enjoy listening to NPR - ready to be surprised by the next great story! Here is the link to subscribe:

Shuffle








Funny, moving, exceptional, or just offbeat -- the NPR story people will be talking about tomorrow. The best of Morning Edition, All Things Considered and other award-winning NPR programs. Here is the link to subscribe:
Story


NPR offers hundreds of podcasts. To see the list follow this link:

Podcast






John MacArthur is my favorite preacher alive today. To subscribe to his podcast follow this link:
Podcast
Bookmark and Share
> posted by Trevor Hammack at

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home