Photobucket

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Fundamental Baptist Church Slammed by Cult?!


Quite a while ago we started covering the crazy local cult called the House of Yahweh. You can go to this link to see all our articles on their woes and their heretical view; http://preachtoday.blogspot.com/search?q=House+of+Yahweh.

For example, they deny the deity of Christ and the virgin birth...they are preaching a completely works-based salvation and constantly make themselves look like fools by making false prophecies about the end of the world...and they also keep ending up in jail! Well...it seems they could even find someone to pick on and "school" and criticize.

Today I got a mailer from them that was mailed out to most of the local Abilene community and it slams a particular Independent Fundamental Baptist church, Northside Baptist. You can find their website at the following link; http://www.nsbcnet.com/sermon_fr.htm

I will give you the link, as well as post the offending comments that Northside's Pastor made that drew the criticism from the House of Yahweh. On a sermon dated July 20, 2008 entitled "Dealing with Criticism", which you can find at this link http://www.nsbcnet.com/MP3FILES/Dealing%20With%20Criticism.mp3 (until they catch wind of this!), Pastor Greenway said the following, and I quote:

"I'm honest with you, I keep a gun in the office because I get threatened pretty often. Now, I don't intend to take another beating. I may intend to kill somebody but I'm not gonna take another beating. I don't think."

He went on to tell a story about how he started to pull that same gun on a guy that beat his wife. Now he didn't say whether he called the police on the man or not...of course, in his over dramatic story he is the hero and it's about him and about being sensational to his listeners.

Folks...this makes me sick. Pastor Greenway is a sad preacher...we've been listening to him for a while and I am greatly saddened when a heretic cult can take the time to recognize that a preacher is pushing the limits of what he should be doing. When the House of Yahweh has to state how local pastors like this are being heretical themselves it's a sad state we find ourselves in.

You tell me...even though I believe in self defense...where in the world does the Bible, and especially the Lord Jesus, ever teach that pastors and ministers should talk about blowing someone away (OK...in their day it would be running them through with a spear/sword)? Doesn't the Bible teach us to love our enemies? Should a pastor be trying to pretend to be John Wayne and talk about such things from the pulpit? I guess if you have nothing else to speak about from the Word of God...

Romans 12:19-21 "Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord. 20 Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head. 21 Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good. "


Bookmark and Share
> posted by Jim Leavenworth at

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home