Photobucket

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Prophet predicts disaster will prevent Obama from taking office

I have been preaching on the Spiritual Gifts at Victory Baptist Church. Sunday we covered the gift of Prophecy. I suggested the gift of predicting future events no longer occurs. One of my arguments was the fact that what is called prophecy today is not like the gift that we find in the bible. Consider this story:

Prophet predicts disaster will prevent Obama from taking office

Reporting from Parowan, Utah -- Our trip to the Parowan Prophet began with a letter to the St. George Spectrum. It was set among missives proposing that oil companies bail out Detroit automakers, that county inmates be forced to winter in tents, that lawyers be barred from public office. A rough crowd.

This particular letter to the editor in the St. George, Utah, newspaper carried the headline " 'Prophet' shares grim forecast," and it was signed by one Leland Freeborn of Parowan, who wrote that he was known to many as the Parowan Prophet.

After establishing his bona fides as an international talk radio guest and proprietor of a survivalist website that has "passed more than 100,000 hits," Freeborn wrote:

"I think that you should hear what my opinion about the Obama election is: that he will not be the next president. I said on my home page in August that if he lost to expect to see the 'riots' that 2 Peter 2:13 tells us about. He didn't lose. But the story is not finished yet. I still think they may begin the riots before Christmas 2008, as I said."

These riots, according to his prophecy, will encourage the "old, hard-line Soviet guard" to seize the moment and rain down nukes on the United States, killing at least 100 million of us.

"Prepare now," Freeborn's letter concluded. "We are downwind from Las Vegas. I hope you can survive."

You can read the rest of the report at this link:

Prophecy:
Bookmark and Share
> posted by Trevor Hammack at

2 Comments:

Blogger Tim said...

I would not go so far to say that the gift of prophecy is no given. I believe 99% of all prophecy given today is false, making the giver a false prophet (that also says a lot about “Christianity” today). The problem with prophecy today is the true prophets do not make it to the media. After all Prophet is a part of the five fold ministry given to the church and Peter said the gifts were given to “you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call”. It is also a sad that most all of these “prophets” come from the Pentecostal faith, again, making me hang my head in shame! Maybe I should change to Baptist like you guys.

January 21, 2009 at 7:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

@Trevor: Is the audio available from your sermons on the gifts? From what I understand your position to be, I am thrilled to read that pastors are faithfully addressing this subject with their congregations amongst the plethora of error.

January 24, 2009 at 5:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home