Photobucket

Monday, December 24, 2007

Joel Osteen: Mormons are Christians!

Most Christians could agree that Joel Osteen preaches a watered down message that contains very little Bible. We also know he is committed to the church growth philosophy. We can now add that he's a heretic to the list of things we know about him.

Joel Osteen stated recently that Mormons are Christians!

Pastor Joel Osteen of Lakewood Church in Houston, TX was on Chris Wallace's excellent news broadcast this morning: Fox News Sunday with Chris Wallace.

Here is a sample of the interview:



WALLACE: And what about Mitt Romney? And I've got to ask you the question, because it is a question whether it should be or not in this campaign, is a Mormon a true Christian?

OSTEEN: Well, in my mind they are. Mitt Romney has said that he believes in Christ as his savior, and that's what I believe, so, you know, I'm not the one to judge the little details of it. So I believe they are. (emphasis mine).

And so, you know, Mitt Romney seems like a man of character and integrity to me, and I don't think he would — anything would stop me from voting for him if that's what I felt like.

WALLACE: So, for instance, when people start talking about Joseph Smith, the founder of the church, and the golden tablets in upstate New York, and God assumes the shape of a man, do you not get hung up in those theological issues?

OSTEEN: I probably don't get hung up in them because I haven't really studied them or thought about them. And you know, I just try to let God be the judge of that. I mean, I don't know.

I certainly can't say that I agree with everything that I've heard about it, but from what I've heard from Mitt, when he says that Christ is his savior, to me that's a common bond.



To read the entire transcript follow this link: transcript


There may be a few readers who actually believe Mormons are Christians. I would challenge those readers to check out the following:
Is Mormonism Christian?A Comparison of Mormonism and Historic Christianity
Bookmark and Share
> posted by Trevor Hammack at

1 Comments:

Blogger Reverend Rafael said...

Once again, Joel Osteen's utter failure to uphold Christian truth in an age of apostacy only further supports what is all too clear about his teaching: it is spiritually bankrupt.

Here is a link to articles our ministry has created on Osteen's heretical compromise that is anointed as "Christianity" today.

http://spiritwatch.org/behindsmile.htm

December 26, 2007 at 12:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home