Photobucket

Friday, April 11, 2008

Beltways Prophetic Conference

Just wanted to let everyone know that I attended the first night of the conference and I'm still in shock.

I did take some notes but because of the way it was presented it is very hard to put in any kind of order. Not to worry though we are going to order the conference DVD and will have it in about four to six weeks.

I will tell you about "my experience" because that's what its all about, getting an experience.

At one point in the conference we were to pair up with some one we had never met before. Not a problem, I like to meet new people, so I paired up with a man named James.

After you paired up you were to pray for God to give you a prophesy to give this person. I have to tell you that this is where I wanted to run for my life. The suddenness of it all sent a surge of panic through me like never before. As I sat there trying to figure out what to do, the sound biblical training and preaching I have received over the last several years kicked in. I kept telling myself scripture alone that's how we are to hear from God.

Now after the short time of prayer in which we were to hear from God we were to tell this person what we had for them. Not a problem I had decided which scripture I was going to use but I had to follow their one rule:

It has to be positive not negative.

So I chose Psalm chapter one.

I told James that to be blessed he shouldn't walk in the counsel of the ungodly nor stand in the way of sinners nor sit in the seat of the scornful and that his delight and pleasure should come from Gods word and that he should meditate on it day and night.

He then began to tell me how he had been doing all these things and that since his wife had passed away he had been spending more time in the word than ever before. He took this as a confirmation that he was on the right track.

Before I could tell him that all I had given him was Psalm 1 the chaos began again and we were to get a new partner and he was away in the crowd. Before you say it, I know I blew it not letting him know but he can truly say he heard from God.

I have to make this clear before I go on. I never left my seat to seek these people out they just came to me.

Now it was time for the second man. His name was also James, now if I was a charismatic I would say this was a sign from God. I just thanked God for the same name so as to make it easier to remember when time came to post on the blog.

We went through the same steps as before only this time we were to give them a fact that had come to us such a number, name or anything that could make a personal connection with them. It had to be one word and then they would try to get something out of it.

As I listened to this it reminded me of late night cable television where the psychics would have someone on the phone and suggest something and the person would draw a connection to their life and the psychic would garner more and more information until they knew everything about them and the person would hang up thinking they had had an encounter with the super natural not to mention having given up $2.95 a minute for 30 minutes. Enough of my late night TV viewing as a teen.

As we prayed I began to think of the scripture I wanted to use and decided on John 14:27.
I told James #2 that Jesus had given us His peace and it was not as the world gives and not let his heart be troubled or be afraid. When I had finished he seemed to really like what I had to say until I told him it was from John 14 and then he looked very disappointed. I wanted to say you just heard from God why the long face but before anything else could be said it was over and he was off and so ended this craziness.

Now you may be asking ,what did they have for you?
Well not much. Just general stuff that if I had taken the time I could have found something in my life to make a connection but I already spend to much time thinking of me and not enough time thinking on the things of God.

Tonight is the second night of the conference and my plan is to be there to learn more. We will keep you posted.
Bookmark and Share
> posted by Charles Fry at

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home