Photobucket

Thursday, February 14, 2008

HOMOSEXUALITY

Good evening everyone,

Last sunday I covered 1 Corinthians 6:9-11 in my sermon. In that text the subject of homosexuality is mentioned. I did not cover the subject in any detail but this subject I plan on covering it carefully. As I have been studying for the sermon I recieved the following in my mailbox:

Exodus Metropolitan Community Church

Palm Sunday at the Paramount
352 Cypress Street, Downtown Abilene, Texas

Your are invited to
Worship 10:30 AM
Rev. Elder Nancy Wilson, Preaching
"For the Bible Tells Me So" 3 PM

Panal Discussion 4:30 PM
"Call Me Troy" 7:30 PM
Meet and Greet Rev. Elder Troy Perry

As soon as I saw the card I knew what this church is about. Notice the name of the church:

Exodus Metropolitan Community Church

does that mean anything to you?

Let me see if I can clarify things for you:

Here is how they describe themselves at their website:

Metropolitan Community Churches (MCC) were founded by Rev Troy D. Perry in 1968. This Fellowship of Churches plays a vital role in addressing the spiritual needs of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgendered community around the world. For those of us who were raised in a religious atmosphere, homosexuality was usually associated with shame and guilt. As a result, many of us were cut off from the spiritual dimension of our lives. Metropolitan Community Churches provide an opportunity to explore a spiritual experience that affirms who we are. We find great truths in the religious tradition, and we find that our encounter with God is transformational and healing. We have seen how people have been changed by this experience. Quite simply, God makes a difference in people's lives. We experience our communities of faith as places of healing and hope, places of reconciliation with family, with self-esteem, and with individual spirituality.

All are welcome at Exodus Metropolitan Community Church. We are a Christian Congregation of people who are Inclusive, Loving, and Affirming without condemnation or judgment based on Gender, Ethnicity, Religion, or Sexual Orientation. We believe that God is Calling us through the redeeming Gospel of Jesus Christ. Help us create a community of healing and reconciliation through faith, hope, and love.


Now do you understand? This is a church that claims to be chrsitian however they don't believe homosexuality is sinful!

Here is a link to their website: Church

In my preperation for my sermon I am making good use of the, "Faculty Chapel Lecture Series" at Masters Seminary. They have done a series on homosexulity that I believe everyone should listen to:

Here is the link to the series:

homosexuality

I would love to have the readers listen to this series and post their comments here. I think it could be a great discussion.

Have a great night.
Bookmark and Share
> posted by Trevor Hammack at

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home