Photobucket

Thursday, March 27, 2008

PRAYING ALWAYS

Each quarter I give all the members of Victory Baptist Church the Feature Daily Bible Study Guide. The goal of this is to encourage everyone to spend time each day in God's word and that all the members can be studying the same thing. Today's study is on Ephesians 6:18-20.

18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
19 And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel, 20 For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.

Whenever we see a scripture that tells to pray always we usually ask ourselves, "How can I do this?"

The Bible study Guide answered that question this way:

"Our heart and spirit must be continually prepared to come before the One who is continually ready to hear"

I would put it this way:

Our first reaction to any news, good or bad, should be to talk to God first.

That is easy to say, but I have found it much harder to do.

I have noticed that over the past few days we are having many visitors to the blog from cities in Texas that are located near or around the Abilene area.

I would like to remind everyone that I am the Pastor of Victory Baptist Church which is located 20 minutes south of Abilene.

If you are looking for a church that is committed to:

*The Verse-by Verse teaching of the scripture

*Teaching Doctrine and Theology

*Teaching Church History

we invite you to come visit us.

You can call me at 325-695-8202 for times and directions. You can also visit our web-site at
vbc.sermonaudio.com
Bookmark and Share
> posted by Trevor Hammack at

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home