Photobucket

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

MANNA FOR TODAY

It is Tuesday morning and I hope everyone is having a good day.

I am going to try something new and I hope people will take a few moments and post a comment to let me know what they think about it.

Instead of describing what I am going to do, I am just going to post it and you can see for yourself:

Tuesday May 06, 2008

The Scriptures:
Read each passage twice and if possible one of the times read the scriptures out loud.


Acts 20:17-27

Psalm 68

John 17:1-11


The Commentary:

Read the following commentary on Acts 20:
Matthew Henry


Read the following commentary on Psalm 68
Spurgeon

Read the following commentary on John 17:1-11
John Gill


Research:

Acts 20:17 mentions two places, Miletus and Ephesus:
Here are two links so you can research more about both locations:
Miletus
Ephesus

The Sermon:

Here is a link to a sermon on John 17
Jesus' High Priestly Prayer, Part 1



Each day I am going to try to post something similar. The format will like this:

1. The Scripture: I will give the scripture passages that should be read for the day.

2. Commentary: I will provide links to very good commentaries on the suggested scripture passage.

3. Sermon: I will try to provide a link to a sermon that is relevant to one of the scripture readings.

4. Research: I may include a link to an article or to a bible encyclopedia or a bible dictionary that is related to something in the readings.

5. Questions: When I have the time I may include questions based on the scripture readings.


If any of the team members would like to help create a study for a particular day, please let me know. This will ensure we do not create more then one study for a specific day.



I ask the readers to please give us some feed back. Do you think this is a good idea? Will it be helpful to you? Will you use it?
Bookmark and Share
> posted by Trevor Hammack at

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmmm..... i think this could be helpful to some.....but i would not use it myself cuz i got enough to study on my own already.....but if one catches my eye i would prolly use it

May 7, 2008 at 9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home